things like smear peanut butter on celery stalks and top with raisins.(ants on a log)
or along the same line Apple slices smeared with peanut butter. Then of course
for my then tiny daughter Mallory there was afternoon tea with real British tea
with milk and sugar and a biscuit (cookie-usually gingersnaps). Just a few weeks
ago we had afternoon tea in the West Village in New York surrounded by Asian
girls in Jane Austin costumes. We had tiny cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches
Coronation chicken and pots of Earl Grey and macaroons. Love it.
So why when I love all that visual delicious stuff don't I take the time to make it
for myself? Seriously aren't we worthy of a great high powered snack in the afternoon.
I think so. Thank you Buzzfeed for supplying these awesome eye candy numbers.
MIDNIGHT AT THE OASIS-
Hummus and veggies in a Mason jar...brilliant!!!
TRUE BLUE MUNCHIES!!!!
BOOM CHICK PEAS !!!!!
by Oven Love
- 2 cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans) or about 4 cups cooked chickpeas from dried beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- seasonings of your choice (see below for suggestions)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare the beans for roasting by draining and rinsing them, then letting them dry on a towel until most of the excess moisture is absorbed. Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Roast the chickpeas in the oven for 45-60 minutes or until the beans are crunchy throughout (just test one- if they are still mostly soft on the inside and there’s no crunch, keep baking).
- Immediately (while beans are still hot), toss with olive oil and seasonings. Serve hot or at room temperature. They are best the first day, but can be kept in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Seasoning Suggestions (add more or less if you like, these are just guidelines)
- Sesame Soy- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Honey Cinnamon- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, a pinch nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, 2 tablespoons honey (you can throw these back in the oven for 10-15 minutes to carmelize if you like)
- Garlic Parmesan- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves fresh minced garlic, 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Smoky Spice Blend- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile powder, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, pinch cayenne (optional)